Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Post 16

It's been a while since somebody has called me a stupid douche so that means it's time to write an article. Like the lyrics to Rihanna's songs, the things in this article are unrelated and may not even make sense. I'm just throwing things out there and hoping they sound good, which works well for her.

The WNBA fight was a complete joke. I happened to be flipping channels and caught the tail end of it and was in no way mortified when watching it. I coach a group of 9 year olds at a basketball day camp and that's the kind of fight I would have expected out of them. What the hell was the woman who threw Candace Parker doing? She looked like she was trying to shuffle over her, and I do mean shuffle because she never picked up her feet, and she got tackled. Then there was a little shoving and Lisa Leslie fell down. Did Mahorn give her a shove? Yeah, the kind of shove he would use to break up a pair of fighting 8-year olds. Then one of Leslie's teammates tooking a running punch at Mahorn and he didn't flinch. This is why no one respects the WNBA.

Brilliant move on Josh Childress's part. His signing on with a Greek team was not totally related to money, he's only getting a million more than the contract the Hawks were offering. It's not a 3-year contract either, he's opting out after this year. He's going to play a year in Greece for 7 million dollars, be worshipped there as the god of hair, and then return to the NBA as an unrestricted free agent. It was also an epic middle finger to Hawks management. Suckers got burned.

Speaking of burns, I enjoy USA's Burn Notice. Think House meets CSI: Miami. Kind of violent, sexy women, smart ass main character who's really good at what he does.

Say what you want about Ozzie Guillen, his outbursts tend to lead to positive results. His ejection in the 7th inning of today's game led to an 5 run 8th for the Sox and a comeback victory. It's the third or fourth time this year his outbursts have led to turnarounds.

I'm hoping to watch Cotto vs. Margarito this weekend. If it's half the disappointment De La Hoya/Mayweather was, I'm swearing off boxing.

Justin Timberlake hosted the ESPYs. I watched 5 minutes, felt less of a man for it, and turned on Iron Chef.

Don't look now, here come the Yankees. Not too hard to see them passing the Rays anymore and I'm glad that I went on record as not counting them out.

Professional sports should rule sub-.500 division winners out of the playoffs. The 3 best teams in the NL are in the Central division and I don't like that one of them will be golfing in October because the D'Backs won 80 games in baseball's worst division.

Josh Hamilton is the best pure baseball player I have ever seen. I witnessed his 430 foot bomb on Monday in person and I have been in a state of awe ever since.

The new Batman movie was fantastic, although I felt it could have benefitted from cutting out 20 minutes. I'm shocked nobody shot the Joker (no that isn't a spoiler). Wanted wasn't great but it was entertaining. It somehow managed to straddle the line between brilliant and completely retarded. Afterwards, I felt like somebody had just humped my brain.

Morgan Freeman should call the play-by-play for any important sporting event.

Like NBA's Summer League, this article was short, largely meaningless, and is now over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok I'm the heckler...but I give props when props is due. If more of your posts were like this, this would be a great blog to read. Speaking of props, throw out your prejudice and watch the ESPY's, it was funny.

Anonymous said...

I know you dont like Mcconaughey, so watch this hilarious impression by matt damon

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CuYD2cwMbpw