Friday, July 11, 2008

Links and Music

I didn't pick the greatest tim to start a blog. It's one of the two major dead periods in sports, the first two weeks of February being the other, and there really isn't much to write about. That's why you see things like the Favre category on ESPN's bottomline or headlines like "Obama interested in Nascar sponsorship". Frankly it's the most brilliant political move I've seen in years. That's how a democrat reaches the redneck audience, with his face on Dale Jr.'s number 88. Anyway, this post doesn't really have a topic, it's got links, music I like, and really no sports relation. Looking back at that paragraph, I'm amazed that I got off-topic in a post that has no topic. Be impressed.

Links:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1761896
Powerthirst, the greatest energy drink ever and possibly my favorite video ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URjeS5-NaXY
The final scene from There Will Be Blood. Dramatic in context, hilarious out of context. I've taken to yelling "I DRINK YOU MILKSHAKE!" after dramatic sports moments. Very satisfying.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy4zgCsgqyo
Mad TV spoof of Dane Cook. I think any one of my friends does a better impression, but kudos to Mad on coming up with the material. No if only they had a funny person to act it out.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8331492
Jason Whitlock's latest article. I love the first line even if the rest is uninteresting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmahD_EbHY
Dmitri Martin who, along with Daniel Tosh, is my favorite comedian.
I tried to find a clip from a Cold Pizza I saw where Stephen A Smith stares at Skip Bayless like he's about to kill him and they quickly cut to commercial, but no such thing could be found.

Music-
I'm going through artists A-Z with songs that I like that you may not have. Name drop these songs and you will sound interesting to all who listen. Thank me later.
Alkaline Trio- "Help Me" If you like this one I also recommend "Calling All Skeletons".
Ben Folds Five- "Brick" These guys also did a cool cover of Dr. Dre's "Bitches Ain't S#!T".
Coldplay- "Violet Hill" Couldn't find a C I loved so I went with one of Coldplay's new ones. I think they're overrated (they may actually have a chance at being the defining band of this decade which terrifies me) but credit is due.
Dilated Peoples and Kanye West- "This Way" I love Kanye. His albums are great and he's kind of crazy. I'd like to see him team up with Diddy to try and resurrect Britney Spears. Remember I said that when MTV steals the idea this winter.
Eve 6- "Inside Out"
Foo Fighters- "Best of You" I know you have this song but pretend Sean Connery is singing. It's now a fantastic new song.
Gin Blossoms- "Hey Jealousy"
High Speed Scene- "The IROC-Z Song" This is off MVP 2005, the greatest baseball game ever made. I was sad to see the MVP franchise get liscensed out.
Incubus- "Nice to Know You" I think Incubus is underrated, they're one of those bands that XM loves but you'll never hear on regular radio.
Jimmy Eat World- "Sweetness"
K- I don't have anything that fits the somewhat unknown bill from a K artist. Yeah there's Kanye and the Killers, but you know them.
Less Than Jake- "The Science of Selling Yourself Short" It's skaa. Listening to skaa=interesting person.
Lucky Boys Confusion- "When Bad News Gets Worse" A second L to make up for no K.
Muse- "Knights of Cydonia" A Guitar Hero favorite.
Nine Days- "Story of a Girl"
Offspring- "Self Esteem" Noticing a lot of 90's music on here?
P- Same deal as K. I will shout out to anything Pink Floyd though.
Q- Nope
Reel Big Fish- "Our Live Album is Better Than Your Live Album" Skaa is happiness.
Streetlight Manifesto- "Everything Goes Numb" Great name for a band and a great album.
Savage- "Swing" To make up for no P.
Shinedown- "Heroes" To make up for no Q.
Third Eye Blind- "Third Eye Blind" Another album worth getting.
U- I can only find U2 and Usher. I am ashamed of the Usher part.
Verve- "Freshman" It's kind of depressing but whatever.
Warren Zevon- "Keep Me In Your Heart" Zevon wrote this after being given 6 months to live. Powerful but not sad.
X- Nothing. I refuse to recognize Xzibit.
Yellowcard- "Fighting" Off the Madden soundtrack.
Z-Again nothing. Way to go out with a bang. This articleis over. Unsatisfied? Me too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hyperlink those URL's next time. And Favre is a big story regardles.

Anonymous said...

How DARE you not put Queen under Q...